Information About Hospitality management/hotel and catering : Job options
Jobs directly related to your degree
* Hotel manager - organises and directs hotel services, such as front-of-house, housekeeping and food and beverage operations, with overall responsibility for staffing and business development.
* Restaurant manager - ensures that a restaurant operates efficiently and profitably whilst at the same time maintaining its reputation and ethos, high standards of food, health and safety and business performance.
* Catering manager - plans, organises and develops the food and beverage services of organisations and businesses, including restaurants and bars, as well as catering at events, or services in hospitals or schools.
* Conference centre manager - manages the day-to-day operations and facilities and staff of a conference centre, with accountability for planning, organising and directing services including reception, catering and accommodation.
* Fast food restaurant manager - responsible for safeguarding the financial success of a specific outlet/site and maintaining the reputation of the company by ensuring a fast, efficient service and good standards of staff training.
* Customer service manager - ensures the company they work for satisfies customers’ needs, which could involve managing a team of customer services staff, creating customer service policies or dealing with customers face to face.
Jobs where your degree would be useful
* Public house manager - maintains the commercial success of a pub or bar, adapting the premises to ensure that the pub is profitable, pleasant and safe.
* Retail manager - runs all aspects of a department or store in accordance with overall company policy. Improves commercial performance and maximises profit by monitoring sales and ensuring availability of popular stock.
* Event organiser - organises a range of events, from conception through to completion, such as conferences, promotional launches and exhibitions.
* Accommodation manager - has responsibility for the efficient and economic operation of space and accommodation services, typically within a hotel, hospital or educational institution.
* Human resources officer - develops, advises on and implements policies relating to the effective use of personnel within an organisation, such as working practices, recruitment, pay and diversity.
* Tourism consultant - provides specialist management and development services to tourist attractions or tourist areas.
(This information is extracted from prospectus.ac.uk with the permission to reproduce.)
Other Career Opportunities
Psychology : Your Career In
Job options with Psychology
Politics : Your Career In
Job options with Politics
Physics : Your Career In
Job Options with Physics
Mathematics : Your Career In
Job Option with Mathematics
International relations : Your Career In
Job Options with International relations
Law : Your Career In
Law Job Options
Civil Engineering: Your Career In
Civil Engineering Job Options
Business Study: Your Career in
Job options with Business Study
Civil Engineering : Your Career In
Job Options with Civil Engineering
Agriculture : Your Career In
Job options with Agriculture
Sociology : Your Career In
Job Options with Sociology
Humanities : Your Career In
Job Options with Humanities
Hospitality management/hotel and catering : Job options
Job option with Hospitality management/hotel and catering : Job options
Geography : Your Career In
Job option with Geography
Health Studies : Career In
Job Option in Health Studies
History : Your Career In
Job options with History
English: Your Career In
Job options with English
Education : Your Career in
Job Option with Education
Economics: Your Career
Job options with Economics
Computer science/IT : Your Career
Your Career with the subject Computer science/IT
Chemistry : Your Career
Your career and job option in Chemistry
Business Study: Your Carrer
Career in Business Study
Career with Biology
Jobs options with Biology
Your career in Anthropology
Accountancy and finance : Job options
Your Career with Accountacny and Finance