Information About English: Your Career In
Jobs directly related to your degree
* English as a foreign language teacher/English as a second language teacher- teaches English to international students either in the UK or overseas.
* Primary school teacher and Secondary school teacher - teaches in state and independent schools, sixth form and further education (FE) colleges.
* Lexicographer - writes, compiles and edits dictionaries, monitors and records uses of language and uses databases to interrogate a wide range of evidence. Lexicographers consider both the meaning and usages of words and compile definitions in a structured manner.
Jobs where your degree would be useful
* Advertising account manager - acts as a link between three to four client accounts and an advertising agency and has overall responsibility for the smooth running of a campaign; coordinates the activities of the advertising and administrative teams.
* Advertising copywriter - usually works in a creative partnership with an art director to conceive, develop and produce effective advertisements. Copywriters are usually involved with creating the slogans, messages and straplines and may also have a role in the production process of a campaign.
* Arts administrator - provides administrative support for a wide range of arts and cultural organisations.
* Academic librarian, Information officer, Records manager - responsible for the acquisition, organisation and dissemination of information and materials within the library system or information unit.
* Charity officer - has responsibility for aspects of marketing, public relations, organising events, finance,
* Writer - may write in a number of wide and varied forms including prose, poetry and material for the theatre, screen and radio and reviews. Most writers work freelance and are self-employed.
* Editorial assistant - assists senior editorial staff in the administration of the commissioning, planning and production of books, journals and magazines. This role is a recognised starting point for editorial and publishing careers.
* Marketing executive - involved in business development, market research, planning, product development, pricing, packaging, advertising, PR and sales. Marketing executives may also be known as marketing assistants or coordinators
* Newspaper journalist - researches and writes stories for publication in local, regional and national press.
* Press officer - acts as the official media contact for a specific public or private organisation, handling all media interest.
* Programme researcher, broadcasting/film/video - supports the production team, collects, verifies and prepares information for film, television and radio productions. This can be seen as apprenticeship for a production role.
* Public relations officer - uses all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of companies and organisations.
* Runner, broadcasting/film/video - fetches, carries and does any small jobs needed for the production department of a film, video or television company. This is an entry-level role.
Other Career Opportunities
Psychology : Your Career In
Job options with Psychology
Politics : Your Career In
Job options with Politics
Physics : Your Career In
Job Options with Physics
Mathematics : Your Career In
Job Option with Mathematics
International relations : Your Career In
Job Options with International relations
Law : Your Career In
Law Job Options
Civil Engineering: Your Career In
Civil Engineering Job Options
Business Study: Your Career in
Job options with Business Study
Civil Engineering : Your Career In
Job Options with Civil Engineering
Agriculture : Your Career In
Job options with Agriculture
Sociology : Your Career In
Job Options with Sociology
Humanities : Your Career In
Job Options with Humanities
Hospitality management/hotel and catering : Job options
Job option with Hospitality management/hotel and catering : Job options
Geography : Your Career In
Job option with Geography
Health Studies : Career In
Job Option in Health Studies
History : Your Career In
Job options with History
English: Your Career In
Job options with English
Education : Your Career in
Job Option with Education
Economics: Your Career
Job options with Economics
Computer science/IT : Your Career
Your Career with the subject Computer science/IT
Chemistry : Your Career
Your career and job option in Chemistry
Business Study: Your Carrer
Career in Business Study
Career with Biology
Jobs options with Biology
Your career in Anthropology
Accountancy and finance : Job options
Your Career with Accountacny and Finance