Information About Education : Your Career in
Jobs directly related to your degree
* Primary school teacher - teaches a range of subjects to a class of pupils from the age range 4 -11 years, and may have responsibility for delivering a particular subject across the school (e.g. music).
* Secondary school teacher - teaches one or more national curriculum subjects to classes of pupils aged 11-16 or 11-18.
* Early years teacher - fosters and develops the abilities, social skills and understanding of children aged three to five years, focusing on optimum child development and preparation for a successful transition to primary school education.
* Special education needs teacher - teaches children with emotional, behavioural or learning difficulties at one or more stages in the SEN Code of Practice. They are also involved in identifying all levels of need.
* - usually teaches a specific subject to students over 16 but increasingly to 14-19 year olds.
* Adult education lecturer - teaches specific subject areas to adults either within educational settings, in the community and increasingly through distance/remote learning
* Community education officer - works to promote and facilitate access to a wide range of voluntary educational activities by all members of the community, regardless of age.
* Youth worker - supports and encourages young people to become involved in local ‘informal’ educational activities.
* Education administrator - organises and oversees administrative activities and systems that support and facilitate the smooth running of an education institution. The majority are based in higher or further education (HE or FE), but opportunities are increasingly available in schools and private colleges.
Jobs where your degree would be useful
* Learning mentor - provides a complementary service to teachers and other staff, addressing the needs of children who require assistance in overcoming barriers to learning in order to achieve their full potential.
* Careers adviser/personal adviser - provides information, advice and guidance (IAG) inside and outside education. Advisers are employed to ensure that people (especially young people aged 13-19) achieve their full potential.
* Museum education officer - a museum education officer is responsible for realising the potential of the museum collections as learning resources and developing learning opportunities.
* Social worker - often works with people experiencing crisis or people who are socially excluded with the aim of providing support to enable service users to help themselves. Social workers maintain professional relationships with service users, acting as a guide, advocate or as a critical friend.
* Training and development officer - manages the learning of an organisation's workforce, delivering training sessions to participants or, in a more senior role, devises a training strategy for the organisation.
(This information is extracted from prospectus.ac.uk with the permission to reproduce.)
Other Career Opportunities
Psychology : Your Career In
Job options with Psychology
Politics : Your Career In
Job options with Politics
Physics : Your Career In
Job Options with Physics
Mathematics : Your Career In
Job Option with Mathematics
International relations : Your Career In
Job Options with International relations
Law : Your Career In
Law Job Options
Civil Engineering: Your Career In
Civil Engineering Job Options
Business Study: Your Career in
Job options with Business Study
Civil Engineering : Your Career In
Job Options with Civil Engineering
Agriculture : Your Career In
Job options with Agriculture
Sociology : Your Career In
Job Options with Sociology
Humanities : Your Career In
Job Options with Humanities
Hospitality management/hotel and catering : Job options
Job option with Hospitality management/hotel and catering : Job options
Geography : Your Career In
Job option with Geography
Health Studies : Career In
Job Option in Health Studies
History : Your Career In
Job options with History
English: Your Career In
Job options with English
Education : Your Career in
Job Option with Education
Economics: Your Career
Job options with Economics
Computer science/IT : Your Career
Your Career with the subject Computer science/IT
Chemistry : Your Career
Your career and job option in Chemistry
Business Study: Your Carrer
Career in Business Study
Career with Biology
Jobs options with Biology
Your career in Anthropology
Accountancy and finance : Job options
Your Career with Accountacny and Finance